Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Popular Mechanics

I hated this ambiguous ending!!!!!!!!!! Now that I've got that out of my system, I can move on.

The first thing I noticed while reading this story was the similarity between the end of the story and a popular bible story. In this story, two women fought over a baby so King Solomon suggested that they cut the baby in half. One of the women cared enough about the baby that she gave him up to save the child's life. That is the one difference that this short story presents. The parents were too stubborn to do what was best for the child. The argument wasn't even fought because of the child. The couple continued it because they wanted to be the one to 'win'.

2 comments:

  1. that's a lot of punctuation....do you think you would have thought of King Solomon without the question?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I noticed it before I read the questions.

    ReplyDelete