Thursday, April 14, 2011

Allusion

"I had gazed on him while unfinished; he was ugly then, but when those muscles and joins were rendered capable of motion, it became a thing such as even Dante could not have conceived." pg 57 This allusion to the writer Dante interested me greatly. It was an intriguing way to portray the immense severity of what he had done. It didn't really even belong in hell according to him. This whole scene interested me. It totally caught me off guard when he rejected the creature. It was his whole life. But then he saw what is life had turned into. By using the Dante allusion, he shows clearly how disgusted he is with his actions. I think his disgust should be placed more on his own life and obsessive nature than on the creature that was simply a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment