Thursday, April 21, 2011

Well, That's Depressing

"He could not live under the horrors that were accumulated around him; the springs of existence suddenly gave way; he was unable to rise from his bed, and in a few days he died in my arms." Pg. 188

I am really depressed right now. I keep going back and forth between feeling bad for the monster and feeling bad for Victor. Right now it's Victor. He has lost everything. I think it is interesting that the monster has been the one to take it all. After all, Victor is the creator. I would think that he would be the one who would have power over his creation. However, his ambition was so great, that he created something that was stronger and greater than he himself was. I would think that with this knowledge he would have been more prepared and seen Elizabeth's death coming. After all, the monster has never sought to take his life, simply those around him. He doesn't want his creator dead, he wants him to suffer as he himself has had to suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment