Thursday, September 9, 2010

No Light Bulb

The Convergence of the Twain kind of frustrated me. I understood that Hardy was talking about the Titanic, but I didn't always understand the meaning of what he was saying. I was especially confused by stanza IV. I spent a long time trying to figure out what "Jewels" stood for or represented. What was even more frustrating was the fact that my classmates did not struggle nearly as much. Many of them actually said they liked it because it was very understandable. It just didn't click with me.
The one part of the poem that I did understand and enjoy was the end. Hardy points out the shock and trauma that this collision caused. I felt as though this was important because it was such an important and tragic event of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment