Sunday, August 8, 2010

Book 2 ?


"I did not see Brett again until she came back from San Sebastian. One card came from her from there. It had a picture of the Concha, and said: 'Darling. Very quiet and healthy. Love to all the chaps. Brett.' " Page 75


I am thoroughly confused (again). When I got this book a few weeks ago, I flipped through it to see how many chapters were in it. At this time I saw that there were three 'books'. I was very curious as to why an author would split his novel into different books. I assumed that maybe the different books included different characters or something like that. So I was very confused when he was still going on about Brett. Then he starts talking about Robert. So basically, nothing has changed. So what's the point??

2 comments:

  1. this is just a guess...but I thought maybe the three books split it up into the exposition, rising action/climax, and resolution...because book one seemed like it was all mainly introducing characters and telling a little backstory for each of them...but that's just a guess...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. I realized that as I got further along :)

    ReplyDelete